10-Day Cape and Kruger Safari
10-day safari in the Kruger National Park and Cape Town – five-star guiding (ranger) for 5 days plus 5 days guided in Cape Town.
Day 1: Highlights: AFTERNOON ARRIVAL IN CAPE TOWN. TRANSFER TO TABLE MOUNTAIN AND YOUR ACCOMMODATION
• Afternoon arrival in Cape Town. Your guide meets you at Cape Town International Airport.
• Start your tour of Cape Town with a drive through city orientation tour.
• Then visit one of South Africa’s most famous landmarks Table Mountain (Weather dependent) – depending on the time of arrival.
• The rocky outcrops and steep cliffs of the mountain play home to several plants and animals. Table Mountain alone is home to approximately 1470 species of plants – more than the entire British Isles. Many of these are endemic (meaning they occur nowhere else on Earth).
• Exhilarating trip in a rotating cable car to the top of Table Mountain where the Dassie (Rock Hyrax), the closest living relative to the elephant, roam wild. Be guided through the natural wonders on the flat quartzite top whilst enjoying an awe-inspiring view of the Cape of Storms.
Highlights: CAPE POINT in the CAPE OF GOOD HOPE NATURE RESERVE & AFRICAN PENGUINS
“An unforgettable journey to the mythical meeting place of the two great oceans – breathtaking scenic beauty contrasts with the harsh rugged conditions of the most south westerly edge of the African continent.
• Clifton beaches
• Hout Bay & Mariners’ Wharf
• Boat ride to view seals (optional)
• Chapman’s Peak Drive (if open)/ Ou Kaapse Weg
• Cape Point & Nature Reserve
• Penguin colony at the Boulders (optional)
• Historic Simon’s Town
• Groot Constantia Wine Estate OR
• Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Day 3: Highlights: Full day Winelands Tour
Travel through the spectacular mountain scenery and lush fertile valleys of the Cape. Taste a mixture of fascinating history and allow yourself to indulge in the pleasures of the renowned Cape winelands.
• Historical Wine Estates
• Historic Stellenbosch
• Franschhoek Valley
• Huguenot Memorial
• Day at leisure – time to visit Cape Town’s beautiful beaches, museums and art galleries or walk around the V&A Waterfront – South Africa’s most visited attraction.
Overnight & Breakfast: Cape Town area
• Transfer to Cape Town Airport included.
Day 5 to 10: KRUGER
Meet and Greet – arrival day
Our road transfer fetch you at Nelspruit airport and drive you into Kruger. After settling into your cottage, you will get onto our open-sided safari game viewing vehicle for your first afternoon gamedrive.
Lower Sabie (restcamp/south eastern Kruger)
Large numbers of game are attracted to the abundance of water, sweet grass and foliage in the vicinity of Lower Sabie Rest Camp, giving rise to a diversity of game, almost unequalled anywhere else in the Park. The area is also rich in lion, cheetah, elephant, hippopotamus, rhino, herds of buffalo up to 800 strong, and is known for its high density of warthog.
Accommodation consists of an en-suite unit which sleeps two adults, which is fully serviced (fresh linen and towels) under beautiful thatched roofs.
Berg-en-Dal (restcamp/south western Kruger)
Berg-en-Dal hosts white rhino, kudu, impala, giraffe, some elephant, reedbuck, klipspringer, grey rhebok and warthog.
Leopard and wild dog are regularly seen in the region. Lion are usually found in the lower plains on the roads to Skukuza and Crocodile Bridge. Bird watchers will find the appeal of the camp irresistible as a wide variety of bird species can be seen here. The swimming pool is the perfect place to cool off in the heat of the day.
Accommodation is in a private en-suite one-bedroomed cottage under thatch (fresh linen and towels) that sleeps two people near to where animals are often seen walking in the river to bed towards the dam.
We always fit in an early morning game drive, and of course, a hearty breakfast before departure back to Nelspruit.